Measuring how well our students are learning
Teachers use a variety of assessments throughout the school year to help understand how children are learning. Some are informal and give teachers a very quick picture of how well a student has learned a specific skill. Others - like state-mandated tests - are more formal and provide a larger overview of knowledge.
Using information from both informal and formal assessments, our teachers can better understand the needs of students and give them the tools they need to succeed.
Parents/guardians have the option to refuse their child(ren)'s statewide assessments. For more information on refusals of statewide assessments, visit the minnesota department of education website.
to refuse statewide testing for the 2020-2021 school year, please complete the below form and return it to your child's principal by the following dates: ACCESS Testing refusals due 2/5/21. MCA/MTAS refusals due 2/12/21.
- Parent/Guardian Guide and Refusal for Student Participation in Statewide Testing
- Guía y negación de permiso para padres/tutores acerca de la participación del estudiante en las pruebas estatales - español
- Hagaha Waalidka/masuulka iyo diidmada ka qayb qaadashada ardeeyga ee imtixaanka gobalada - somali
- Cov Lus Qhia Rau Niam Txiv/Tus Neeg Saib Xyuas Menyuam thiab Kev Tsis Kam Cia Tus Menyuam Kawm Ntawv Mus Koom Qhov Ntsuas Thoob Plaws Hauv Lub Xeev - hmong
- األمور أولياء/اآلباء دليل و رفض مشاركة الطالب في الختبار ة مستوى عل - arabic