A safe, welcoming place to learn
Oak-Land has transformed from a junior high to a middle school serving students in grades 6-8 with hands-on and engaging learning experiences. Students are encouraged to explore their interests and passions in each subject throughout the day. Middle school students have unique needs, and we’re here to support them every step of the way as they transition into adolescence and adulthood.
Learning is made more meaningful and engaging with:
- Integrated learning opportunities
- Hands-on projects
- Real-world problem solving
- Digital devices and technology
- Community experts
- 4Cs – Communication, Collaboration, Critical thinking, Creativity
Learning is personalized based on each student’s strengths, passions and unique needs:
- Exploratory experiences
- Advisory programming
- Community service activities
- Project-based learning
- Clubs, activities, sports and more
Students get to know one another and develop meaningful relationships with staff through:
- Teaming of teachers and students
- Academic and wellness counseling
- Intervention teachers (English learners, math/reading support and more)
- Strong community partnerships
above state average in math proficiency.
above state average in reading proficiency.
of our students have a 3.5 grade point average or higher.
- Where Everyone Belongs (WEB) student mentor and anti-bullying program
- Student council and honor society
- Special education services
- Gifted/Talented clustering in core classes
- Award-winning choir, band and orchestra
- AVID (for study skills and college prep)
- Project Lead the Way (science, technology, enginering and math)
- Cultures and world languages
- Art and design
- Independent computer exploration
- Makerspace lab and video production studio
- Community service projects
- Oak-Land is home to the medically-complex district-wide cluster program
I appreciate the content, as well as the fact that my children are allowed to progress at a faster rate than others in the same class. This keeps them motivated and engaged rather than dumbing down the lesson to a level which would not stimulate them. Also, it allows other children to progress at his/her pace rather than attempting to move at a pace beyond their ability.PARENT COMMENT
Activities For All
There is something for everyone to do before or after school – from music and drama to math club and robotics.
More than 63% of our students are involved in school activities
Support and Assistance
As kids transition into adolescence and adulthood, they need more support than ever. Our staff includes administrators, a School Resource Officer, counselors and a variety of individuals to provide support.
We also partner with community resources to provide students with whatever they need to succeed - from mental health support to assistance with medical care, access to food and more.
Parents are encouraged to get involved in Oak-Lands's PTA. The group meets monthly.